UNIX home on Windows
Mapping your UNIX home directory as a Windows network drive
(Note: This only works when your Windows computer is on the Monmouth University network.)
The rockhopper Linux server runs Samba, making it possible to mount your home directory on rockhopper as a Windows network drive using the following procedure.
- In Windows, open My Computer or Computer.
- Choose Tools -> Map Network Drive. You will probably be assigned drive Z:
- In the "Folder" box, type \\rockhopper\sxxxxxxx, where sxxxxxxx is your student ID.
- Make sure "Reconnect at logon" is checked if you want this drive mapping to be persistent.
- (NOTE: "Reconnect at logon" is no longer effective on Windows 10 lab machines; you have to repeat the procedure after every login.)
- Click Finish